Name:
Location: Oregon, United States

Here is why I put my long(er) ramblings, well, at least the stuff I pretend the think about BEFORE posting. Here is my primary site.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Babies!

My best friend just had a little boy. Well, it was actually his wife, but he played a big part in it also.

Times like this make me miss not being closer.

It is hard to keep up with friends when they are 2,500 driving miles away. Then again, being just a dozen or so miles away might as well be across the country sometimes.

For a while before we moved, we had limited contact with our friends. Problem was that we had children, and one with autism, while all of our friends did not. That is a strain because our needs and abilities were not the same. If they wanted to go to the movies, they could decide to do so something like the day before, or even that day. We, however, needed at least half a week to schedule a baby-sitter, and even that was not always possible.

So we drifted apart. Limited time, limited options when the time was available, and lives moving in different directions took it's toll.

I miss them immensely. I wish I could be there with them. No matter what happens, they will always be my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home